The ability to search a record by scanning its barcode is an intuitive and useful feature making the searching process quite easier. In our previous blog you saw adding of the Barcode field in the Case form. By adding this you can scan any Barcode and unique value of that Barcode will get updated in the barcode field on Case form.
We can add Barcode field in any of the forms in CRM. Also, we can search the barcode globally.
Global search will help the users to search the records quickly in the CRM.
Through Global search we can simply scan the Barcode using the Scanner and after scanning the barcode, the user will able to see the records for which the barcode is scanned. After scanning the barcode in the search, we will be able to see the associated records because in the barcode field the unique code will get auto-populated when the user scans the barcode.
In this blog we will see how we can use Barcode Scanning to search for Products in Field Service Mobile App.
Below is the example of Global Search for Barcodes in the Field Service Mobile App.
- Add the Barcode field in the form as explained in the previous blog.
- Navigate to powerapps.com
- Navigate to tables.
- Select Products in the Table.
- Go to views under the Product table.
- Select the Quick Find All Products view.
- Click on ‘Edit find table columns’.
- Select the Barcode and click on Apply.
- The Barcode will get added in the ‘Find By’ section as shown below:
- Click on Save and Publish.
- Open the Field Service Mobile App in mobile.
- Click on Search icon.
- Click on Barcode icon to search the associated records with respective to the barcode.
- Scan the Barcode.
- Records associated with the scanned barcode will be searched and displayed.
As illustrated above, you can see how easy it is to use Barcode Scanning to search for Products in Field Service Mobile App.
Need any help with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Field Service module / Microsoft CRM / Power Platform development?
Want to manage your field services portal more effectively? Contact us at email@example.com and our Inogic- Professional Services Division will help you modify, optimize, and automate all our requirements within Microsoft Dynamics 365 Field Service!