Delegation in Power Apps means process of retrieving data to the data source itself. This means Power Apps will retrieve small amount of data to make sure the performance is consistent. We often get delegation warning when we filter huge data source in Power Apps as shown in below screenshot.
To avoid the delegation warning and to apply the filters in Power Apps here is a quick and easy way to achieve this. Instead of using filter formula on the datasets we can select view and avoid delegation warning. In our previous blog here, we have explored how to filter records in Power Apps based on the logged in user. Now using the same example let’s filter the account gallery and avoid delegation warning in Power Apps in the simplest way.
1. You can create views in an entity using https://make.Power Apps.com/ and the view will be reflected in the Power Apps view section when you select the data source as that entity.
2. Select the entity and click on create view as shown in below screenshot:
3. Now create a view with filter Owner equals to current user. Please refer the screenshot:
4. Create a blank canvas app or canvas app with data. Add a gallery to the screen and select account as data source as shown in below screenshot:
5. Now, in right side of the screen under the “properties” section you have to select the view as shown in below screenshot:
6. Now just save and publish your app and now you will be able to filter records without delegation by just selecting the view accordingly.
In this way you can easily avoid the delegation warning which occurs during filtering a large set of dataset.
[su_heading size=”15″ margin=”5″]Marketing4Dynamics – Mailchimp and Dynamics 365 CRM integration to plan effective sales strategies, increase sales and improve ROI[/su_heading]
- Sync Audiences, Members and Tags from Mailchimp to CRM
- Sync CRM Marketing List (Contacts/Leads) to Mailchimp
- Sync Campaigns and Member activities from Mailchimp to CRM
- Monitor and analyze Mailchimp campaign statistics through Dashboards in CRM