Following are the steps to achieve this functionality through OOB workflow:
1. Firstly we created a new option set field named as Grade with option from 1 to 8. We added this field in Lead to Opportunity Sales Process on Qualify Stage as shown in below screenshot.
2. Now we developed an OOB workflow on Lead entity as shown in below screenshot.
3. In the above OOB workflow, we have checked the grade value not is greater than 4, then we have stopped the workflow with status reason as Cancelled.
4. We can configure message by clicking on set properties as shown in below screenshot.
5. Now set the input parameter Status Message as shown in below screenshot.
6. Now back to the Lead to Opportunity Sales Process, add the above developed OOB workflow on Qualify stage and update the process.
Please find the screenshot below.
7. Now you can see the below business process error while moving to next stage i.e. from Qualify to QA if the grade is not greater than 4.
Generate Your Own New Leads Within Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM
Contact us for a demo to know more about how Maplytics can help you to generate new leads from within Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM.
Maplytics is a 5-star rated, preferred business app on the Microsoft AppSource that is Certified for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CfMD) and comes with powerful features like Appointment Planning, Sales Routing, Territory Management, Heat Maps, Geo-analytical Dashboards and more that empower organizations to add more value to their CRM data, improve sales & service processes, and achieve high ROI.
Get your free trial from our Website or Microsoft AppSource!
‘If data is the new oil, location intelligence is ??”
Very clever 😉