No doubt Microsoft Dynamics 365 update comes with exciting features, and so Dynamics 365 v9.0 update. One of these feature in Entity Specific Dashboards in new Dynamics 365 UI. In the Sales Hub app, you can see these new dashboard called Entity Specific Dashboard. Entity specific dashboard. Entity Specific Dashboards are very similar to the dashboards from the Interactive Service Hub now called the Customer Service Hub.
As the name suggests entity specific dashboards are specific to particular entities and currently available for an account, contact, lead, quote, invoice, and opportunity.
To Access Entity Specific Dashboard in UCI user need to select the Open Dashboard button in Command bar as shown below. Here we are taking the example of a Contact Entity.
When clicked on the above specified button system will display Contact Entity Dashboard.
Dashboard in Web View :
Dashboard in Mobile View :
Dashboards in UCI contains Two Sections as specified below
- Visual Filters: Which contains Graphical Data for records
- Streams: Multi-stream and single-stream dashboards contain interactive charts that give you a count of relevant records
UCI Dashboard Buttons :
1. Hide/Show Visual Filter: To hide/show the Charts in the Dashboard.
2. Switch to Tile View: In the Multi-stream Dashboard, user can switch from the standard view to the tile view by selecting the specified button from command bar.
Tile View is shown in below screenshot :
3. Show Global Filter: User can filter the Dashboard Records based on the conditions specified in the Global Filter. For example, in Contact Entity we can Filter the data using Company Name, Preferred Method of Contact and Role of the Contact Record.
4. Timeframe Filter: User can apply specific Timeframe to display related entity records as shown in the below screenshot. Based on the selection the records will be reloaded.
5. Custom Time Frame Filter: User can select particular Start and End date to view the records created during the mentioned timeframe.
Note: To create Entity Specific Dashboard please refer this blog.
Entity specific dashboard provides an interactive experience, improved dashboard chart filtering and a way for drill-down to the Dynamics 365 users on a specific entity.