In our previous blogs of the ‘Controls in Dynamics 365 for Mobile App’ series, we discussed Input Mask , Multimedia, Website Preview, Auto-Complete, Option set and Star Rating controls. Star Rating control allows users to add star ratings on entity records to rate it on a scale of 1 to 5 in Dynamics 365 Mobile and Tablet app.
Today we will discuss about the new control i.e. ‘Contract Calendar’ Control which is added Dynamics 365 v9.0.
What is Contract Calendar Control and how it can help users?
The Contract Calendar Control is available only for type of Single Line of Text field on Dynamics 365 Mobile and Tablet app. The Contract Calendar Control may help you to view the time table in order to understand what time the task needs to be performed on weekly basis.
Note: This control can be used only for type of Single Line of Text field with minimum length of 168 characters.
Let’s consider an example of Doctor who need to do check-up of patients on weekly basis and then monitoring whether patient checking has been performed or not.
Below are the steps to add new Contract Calendar control for ‘Weekly Checkup’ field on Patient entity.
1. Navigate to Settings → Customizations and select the entity in which you want to add the Option Set control.
2. Open the entity form and select the field in which you want to add this control, here we are selecting ‘Weekly Checkup’ as Single Line Text of field to add ‘Contract Calendar Control’ as seen in the screenshot below;
3. Go to the ‘Field Properties.’ Select the Controls tab and click on ‘Add Control’ as shown in the below screenshot.
4. Select the ‘Contract Calendar’ control to add the control on the field as shown in the below screenshot.
5. Enable the ‘Contract Calendar Control ’ for Phone and Tablet as seen in the below screenshot.
6. Click on ‘Save’ and ‘Publish’ the entity form changes. Now, login to Dynamics 365 Mobile and Tablet app and open the ‘Patient’ entity record.
Here Doctor can schedule his time against the Patient by selecting the day or week.
7. If ‘Control Calendar’ control is configured on string field whose length is less than 168 character then it will show the below error :
We can use Contract calendar Control as Task Scheduler on weekly basis on Mobile and Tablet. This control can be used only for type of Single Line of Text field with minimum length of 168 characters.
Can this control be used by the web client? I checked the “Web”-Option, the control does apper on the form (though the bottom part of the control is blured out), but the control is not editable, it does not react to clicks on dates. Is it only supported for the tablet/phone client only?
Unfortunately, we cannot use this control on web like other custom controls(ex. Flip Switch). This control can be used on UCI, Mobile tables app only.
Hope this helps.