Field service mobile app provides information which is essential for Field technicians to work at customer location and complete their work orders on time. There are various features that are available while working with customization of the Field Service Mobile app. Woodford is the configuration for customizing components for Field Service Mobile app. It also provides a way to automate the process for Field technicians and help them to complete their task in less time.
In Field Service Mobile app, we have form rules which reassembles as form script within Dynamics 365 CRM. These form rules allow to hide/show fields on the form, provides validation on the form etc. With latest feature in the Field Service Mobile app, we noticed that now we can update record of related entity from form rule itself, there is no need to add script for the same.
In this blog, we will see how to update related entity record form count with Field Service Mobile App.
Consider a scenario where the user need to automatically update “Resolved Incident Count” (Custom field) on work order. Here, we can use resco form rules to calculate count of Resolved Incidents and display it on Work Order.
1. Create a custom field “Resolved Incident Count” on work order.
2. Navigate to Settings>> Woodford>> MobileCRM Woodford HTML5.
3. Open the Mobile Project that will be available for Technician while working on work orders on the field.
4. Navigate to Work Order Incident Entity and open form. Now, add onSave rule for Work Order Incident. If Incident Resolved is ‘Yes’, then increment the count on the work order.
5. Save the changes and publish the project to reflect the customizations on the Field Service Mobile app.
Now, whenever a user resolves the work order incident the count on the Work Order record gets incremented.
This feature allows us to update the related entity record within Resco rules itself instead of developing Resco script.