But in order to import Notes and attachments in the CRM 2011, it is essential that you must have the separate files for them.
For importing Notes with the attachments by the import wizard you need to Arrange all of your files and attachments into a zip folder as shown into the below screenshot.
Where the “Notes.csv” contains the data of the Notes as shown into the below screenshot.
- Only map that column of the source file to the Document (documentbody) field of the Noterecord type which includes information about attachments. The mapped value in the source column to the document is the file name that is used to search a file in the Attachments folder in the .zip file.
- Each note record can have one attached file. You cannot import attachments to e-mail messages, sales literature items, or to any record type that does not support notes. The types of files that can be attached are determined in the Set blocked file extensions for attachments section of the System Settings dialog box.
- If you import file attachments, each attachment has two names: a physical name (Document in our case)and a logical name (File Name in our case). The logical names might not be unique. The physical names must be unique.
- During import, you must map the column with physical names to the “Document” field of the Note record type. You must map the column with logical names to the “FileName” field of the Note record type.
- The value in source column that is mapped to the Document is the file name that is used to search a file in the Attachments folder in the .zip file.
- Each attachment must have a unique name to import. It is mandatory to include a column for the physical names in the source file. Also include a logical names column assigned to the file that is imported. You must map the column containing the logical file name to the File Name attribute in the Note (annotation) record type.
- We recommend that you map the column that contains information about the parent record to the Regarding field of the Note record type. This column creates the relationship between the note and the parent record to which the note is attached.
- In the .zip file, the folder containing attachments must be named Attachments.