We developed a custom SSRS report that is working just fine on the dev environment, which is a single box with CRM and SQL installed on the same machine. But when it was moved to production where CRM is installed on a separate box than the SQL server, it would not work and simple throw the “rsProcessingAborted” error as shown below.
All OOB report were working just fine and it was showing this error for any custom report deployed on this CRM.
Looking at this error we did not get the exact cause of this issue. One of the solutions that worked previously is to open the 808 port, another is to ensure the fields referred in the query exist in the specified entity. But both of these were just fine in this case. To check the exact error look for the look files which can usually be found at the following location
When we checked the error log file and found the exact error. We are getting following error in log file.
To resolve this issue you need to run SETSPN command. Below is syntax for this command.
setspn –a HTTP/NETBIOSNAME DOMAIN\SERVICEACCOUNT
- NETBIOSNAME: You will get this name from IIS where your CRM is running as shown in below screenshot.
Here is our final command that we run from command prompt.
setspn –a HTTP/AD7 adventure7\administrator
Once we execute the command then after our issue is resolved and we able to run the custom report successfully.
To resolve the rsProcessingAborted issue of custom reports, look into the log files to find out the actual error message. Most often than not, especially if SQL Server and CRM Server are 2 different servers you need to Kerberos by using the setspn command.
Connect with us on your fav social channel for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Tips & Tricks.