Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 Update 1 has come up with lots of new and exciting features. No doubt these features have been applauded by end users. From a developer point of view too this release has been a great blockbuster. Let’s see a quick recap of top 5 developer delights of Dynamics CRM 2015 Update 1. If you have any more please do add them in comments.
1. Handling Date/Time fields in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 Online Update 1 : Managing Date/Time fields in Dynamics CRM has not been easy especially when time zone come into picture. Microsoft has introduced new feature called “Behavior” for date/time fields in Dynamic CRM 2015 Update 1, with this we are able to set Date/Time field with different time behaviors. This blog explains more about this feature.
2. Dynamics CRM 2015 Online Update 1 – API support for Transaction : As a developer, you always want to perform any database operation in a Transaction so that you have the choice of rollback in case an operation fails. Unfortunately, until this update, Dynamics CRM did not support transaction for actions performed through the API by the developers. This blog explains about the ExecuteTransactionRequest which was introduced in Dynamics CRM 2015 Online Update 1. It ensures that all of the messages submitted to it are executed in Transaction mode.
3. Create or Update through a single request – Upsert in Dynamics CRM 2015 Update 1: The logic to identify whether a record has to be created or updated was always something the developers had to handle themselves.With the API enhancements introduced in Dynamics CRM 2015 Update 1, we have now been provided with a new Request “UPSERT” which solves this problem. This blog talks about this new request called “UPSERT”.
4. Plug-in Tracing in Dynamics CRM 2015 Update 1: Before CRM 2015 SP1 update, developers had to manually throw an exception in order to trace the program. Now in CRM 2015 SP1 update, we have a new Entity called “Plug-in Trace Logs”. This blog talks about this new Entity which itself creates record for any exception occurred or thrown by the developer.
5. More ways to search a record in Dynamics CRM 2015 Update 1 – Alternate Keys: Prior to Microsoft Dynamic CRM 2015 Update 1 the only way to identify the records in CRM was the record guid. With the introduction of Alternate Key in Dynamics CRM 2015, Developers can uniquely indentify record in Dynamics CRM without using Guid. Read more about Alternate Keys in this blog.
These are few top features which have been liked by our developers. We will be posting regularly on this and other topics for our Dynamics CRM developer friends. Please do keep sharing our posts and following Inogic Blog.
Other than developing popular innovations like Maplytics and Inolink. Inogic also has a dedicated team who can help you for any of your Microsoft Dynamcis CRM development requirement be it migrations, integration’s etc. Contact us on email@example.com