In this blog post, we will explore a new feature introduced by Microsoft, which allows us to seamlessly link Notes records directly to Account, Contact, or Case table records from the Timeline.
Additionally, we also have the capability to create new Account, Contact, or Case table records directly from the Timeline and directly link Notes records to these newly created table records.
Now, let’s explore how to enable this feature,
1. Navigate to https://make.powerapps.com and select the table in which you want to enable this feature, we will enable this for the Account
2. Open the Account table form and click on the Timeline and under Notes, enable the Link To Table as shown below,
Once the feature is enabled, select the tables you want the Notes record to be linked to from the Tables Connected as shown below,
Note: Using this feature currently, we can only link the Notes records to Account, Contact, or Case table records.
3. We can also create new Account, Contact, or Case table records directly from the Timeline by clicking on the + icon which will show the table’s name for which you want to create the record.
When enabling these tables, we need to specify the Quick Create form that will be opened when creating records from the Timeline.
4. Furthermore, it is also possible to map the Notes entity’s Title and Description fields in the newly created Account, Contact, or Case table records using the Map notes title to and Map notes description to option as shown below,
5. Once the Link to Table feature is enabled and the above configurations are done Save and publish the form and you will be able to see the Link to Table icon in the Timeline as shown below,
6. Additionally, we have the flexibility to choose whether we want to unlink the Note record from the current record or maintain its association with the current record, as shown below,
Using this feature will greatly enhance user efficiency by enabling them to seamlessly link Notes records from the Timeline to existing or new records, ultimately saving them time.