Now that you are done with mapping and configuring integration preferences in InoLink, it’s time to sync data between the two systems. In this article, we will dive deep into the process of syncing data from Dynamics 365/Dynamics CRM to QuickBooks.
If you need detailed step by step instructions, continue reading.
Note: Make sure the Inolink.Service.CRMToAccounting service is running to allow InoLink to sync the data from Dynamics 365/Dynamics CRM to QuickBooks. To know more about InoLink Services, read this article.
Follow the steps mentioned below to Sync Data from Dynamics 365 to QuickBooks with InoLink;
1. Open the Account Entity record you want to synchronize to QuickBooks.
2. Click on the ‘Promote’ button in the ribbon bar to sync the Account to QuickBooks
Note: Promote button is available only in InoLink for QuickBooks Online. In InoLink for QuickBooks Desktop, you have to manually change the ‘Link Status’ to ‘To be Linked’ to sync records from Dynamics 365/CRM to QuickBooks Desktop as seen in the screenshot below;
3. Once you click on the ‘Promote’ button, the Link Status will be updated to ‘To be Linked’
4. This will initiate a Link Job in the background to be processed by the Service. A Link Job for this Account with the Link Status ‘Queued’ will be created
5. If the Job is processed successfully, the Link Status is updated to Success. If there was an error while processing the job request, the Link Status is changed to Error. You can find the description of the error in the Error Description field on the Link Job.
6. To unlink the record, just click on the ‘Unlink’ button in the ribbon bar. The ‘Unlink’ button is only available on the records that are already synced with QuickBooks.
7. All the details of the Account is synced as a Customer in QuickBooks as seen in the screenshot below;
8. Even the Contact associated with the Account is synced to QuickBooks as seen in the screenshots below;
9. Similarly, following the above steps, you can quickly schedule Jobs to sync Contacts, Products, Quotes, Orders and Invoices from Dynamics 365/CRM to QuickBooks.
10. However, Quotes, Orders and Invoices can be promoted from Dynamics 365 to QuickBooks only once. In the case of a successful transfer of transaction from Dynamics 365 to QuickBooks, the QuickBooks document No. is copied to CRM for a quick reference to the associated QuickBooks record.
Note: Once a transaction has been successfully promoted to QuickBooks, it cannot be updated in Dynamics 365/CRM.
Now, with InoLink you can sync records like Account, Contacts, Products, Quotes and Invoices from Dynamics 365 to QuickBooks without any hassles! In the next article, we will explore how to synchronize data from QuickBooks to Dynamics 365/Dynamics CRM.