InoLink is a bi-directional integration solution to synchronize QuickBooks Online with MS Dynamics CRM/365. InoLink provides a 360-degree view of Customer accounting details right within Dynamics 365 CRM. You can find more information about InoLink here.
Pre-requisites to installing InoLink:
1. Need a workstation that is always-on and always logged-in.
2. In case you are integrating with QuickBooks, you should have QuickBooks installed on this workstation.
3. QuickBooks should be able to login to the QuickBooks company file that you would like to integrate with.
Follow the steps mentioned below to install InoLink on your system;
1. You will receive a link from us to download ‘InoLink.zip’ file containing InoLink Setup file, Installation Manual, User Manual and End User License Agreement. Extract the zip file on your local machine.
2. To install InoLink, double-click on the ‘InoLinkSetup.msi’.
3. InoLink Setup Wizard will appear. Click on ‘Next’ as seen below;
4. License Agreement window will appear next. After reading the license agreement, check on ‘I Agree’ and then click on ‘Next’ as shown below;
5. Now select the destination where you want to install InoLink by clicking on browse on the ‘Select Installation Folder’ window and then click on ‘Next’;
6. You will be prompted with the ‘Attach database and import CRM solution’ window which will help you to complete the solution install on Dynamics CRM/365 and SQL;
7. In the ‘CRM Details’ section, select the CRM deployment model. InoLink supports Online deployment.
8. The CRM Server and Username structure vary based on the deployment model. The format of the deployment model is as follows;
1. URL Structure: https://< organization >.<data centre>.dynamics.com
2. Username Structure: user@<organization>.onmicrosoft.com
9. After entering the details based on your deployment type, click on ‘Install’.
10. Click on ‘Close’ to complete the installation and close the wizard;
11. To verify the installation, login to your Dynamics 365/CRM environment and navigate to Settings > Solutions. Here you will see that InoLink is installed as a managed solution in Dynamics 365. Also, you can see the InoLink entities under Settingsas seen in the screenshots below;
12. Once you have installed the solution navigate to Settings>Data Management and click Import button.
13. There should be 6 mapping records i.e. ‘qbmapping record import’, ‘qbtocrmmapping record import’, ‘qbrequest record import’, ‘crmmapping record import’, qbrequestparameter record import’ and ‘inolinkfunctions record import’ created in the Imports section as seen in the screenshots below;
14. You can also see the InoLink Services in windows services. On your system, go to Start>Control Panel>System and Security>Administrative Tools>Services, here you can see InoLink Services as seen in the screenshot below;
Kindly check the status of “Windows Identity Foundation’ before going ahead with the connections for Dynamics 365 and QuickBooks. If it is disabled then to enable it, kindly follow the steps mentioned below;
a. On Windows 8 or higher: To enable the Windows Identity Foundation on Windows 8 and above machine, go to Control Panel > Program and Features and click on ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ and check ‘Windows Identity Foundation’ to enable it, as shown in the screenshot below;
b. On Windows 7 or lower: If you are on the Windows 7 or lower operating System, then you will find this under ‘Installed Updates’ as shown in the screenshot below;
Now that you have successfully installed InoLink, in the next article, we will explore the steps required to connect Dynamics 365/CRM and QuickBooks using InoLink.