Whenever you synchronize data between Dynamics 365/Dynamics CRM and QuickBooks, a Link Job request is created for individual records. Link Job represents a sync request between Dynamics CRM and QuickBooks.
You can easily view these jobs against any Dynamics 365 record that is enabled for sync between Dynamics CRM and QuickBooks by following the steps mentioned below;
1. To see all the link jobs, go to Settings > InoLink > Link Jobs as seen in the screenshot below;
2. Here you can see all the link jobs, and you can select to view Active, Failed, Inactive Link Jobs as seen in the screenshot below;
3. When you click on a link job, it will open up the Link Job form as seen in the screenshot below;
A. Entity Type: This section specifies the record Account, Contact, Product, Quote, Invoice associated with this job.
B. Link Status: This field denotes the status of the job, and it can hold different values as follows;
a. Queued: This means that the link job is in the queue and waiting to be picked up by the synchronization service.
b. Success: This means that the link job request is successfully processed and the record is synced to QuickBooks.
c. Error: This implies that there was some error in processing the link job request. The Error description would provide the detailed error description. You need to resolve the error and change the status of the job back to Queued for it to be re-processed by the service.
C. Source: This field denotes the system of origin(Accounting or CRM) that generated this job.
What triggers a job request?
A new Link Job request is created when one of the following actions is performed in Dynamics 365/Dynamics CRM;
1. You need to click on ‘PROMOTE’ ribbon button on entities like Account, Contact, Product, Quote and Invoice to push that record to QuickBooks as seen in the screenshot below;
After clicking on the ‘PROMOTE’ ribbon button the ‘Link Status’ will be set as ‘Linked’ and ‘UNLINK’ as seen in the screenshot below;
2. In the background, it will also create a Link Job for the services to process the sync. Similar Link Job record will also be created when you promote a Quote, Order or Invoice from Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement to Intuit QuickBooks.
A Link Job is also automatically created when you update one of the integrated fields of an already linked record. This works for Account, Contact and Product Entities. This allows the records for these entities to be in sync at all times.
Transactions like Quotes, Orders and Invoices can only be promoted once from Dynamics CRM to Intuit QuickBooks. Any further updates to these transactions should be made in QuickBooks. Changes made in QuickBooks for Transactions are then synced back to CRM as Transaction History.
Link Jobs lets you know the status of the synchronization and is a good way to check whether a particular record is synchronized or not. In the next article, we will show you how you can sync Accounts, Contacts & Products from Dynamics 365/Dynamics CRM to QuickBooks using InoLink.