In the previous article, we guided you through the steps required to install InoLink on your system.
If you are using Intuit QuickBooks Online, please refer to this article for the steps to configure InoLink for seamless integration with QuickBooks Online.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of connecting Dynamics CRM with QuickBooks Desktop.
Follow the steps mentioned below to Connect Dynamics 365/CRM and QuickBooks Desktop using InoLink:
1. After successfully installing InoLink on your system, you can now see ‘InoLink’ option in the Start Menu as seen below;
2. Click on ‘InoLink Settings’ to bring up the application to configure InoLink. The first step would be to provide the connection details for Dynamics 365/CRM and QuickBooks Desktop. Navigate to File>Connections as seen in the screenshot below;
3. In the Connections window, you need to provide the QuickBooks and CRM details to connect both the systems;
4. QuickBooks Details section requires following details;
A. Company File Path: Provide the file path of the QuickBooks company file that you want to connect with. Make sure to have this QuickBooks company file open in QuickBooks using the same file path as provided in this step.
B. Country: You can select appropriate QuickBooks localized version from the list
C. Edition: Select the appropriate QuickBooks edition from the list depending on the edition being used at your end. To find your QuickBooks edition, navigate to QuickBooks Help menu>About QuickBooks, and then press Ctrl + T
5. The ‘CRM Details’ section requires following details;
A. Deployment Model: Select the CRM deployment model. InoLink supports On-Premises, IFD, and Online deployments.
B. CRM Server: Based on the CRM deployment model, enter the CRM Server.
Online/Office 365 – https://orgname.crm.dynamics.com
On-Premises – http://servername:port
IFD/Partner-Hosted – https://orgname.domain.com
C. Organization: This is needed only for On-Premises and IFD deployments. Enter the unique organization name as in Dynamics CRM/365. To find the organization name, navigate to Settings > Customizations > Developer Resources > copy the Unique Name as seen in the screenshot below;
D. Domain Name: This is needed only for On-Premise and IFD deployments. For Online deployment, this field will be automatically disabled.
E. User Name: User Name entered should be of the Dynamics CRM/365 user with permissions to read/write data to Dynamics CRM/365. The username varies based on the deployment model;
Online/Office 365 – user@<organization>.onmicrosoft.com
On-Premise – domain\user
IFD – email@example.com or domain\user
Note: We recommend the user to have System Administrator role to avoid any privilege issue
F. Password: Enter the valid password for your Dynamics CRM/365.
6. After entering the required details, click on ‘Connect’ to test the connection with Dynamics CRM/365 and QuickBooks Desktop.
Note: If you are unable to connect and get an error, it might be because “Windows Identity Foundation’ is disabled. To enable it, follow the steps mentioned below;
A. On Windows 8 or higher: To enable the Windows Identity Foundation on Windows 8 and above machine, go to Control Panel > Program and Features and click on ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ and check ‘Windows Identity Foundation’ to enable it, as shown in the screenshot below;
B. On Windows 7 or lower: If you are on the Windows 7 or lower operating System, then you will find this under ‘Installed Updates’ as shown in the screenshot below;
7. Once the connection is checked, and the credentials are verified, click on ‘Save’. Now you need to authorize InoLink access to QuickBooks Company file from within QuickBooks.
Steps to Authorize Access from QuickBooks Desktop:
A. Open QuickBooks company file on the same machine and login as an administrator user in QuickBooks.
B. Make sure you are the only user logged in to the Company file. Open the file in Single-User Mode.
C. Click on the Connect button after providing the appropriate details to QuickBooks.
D. This will prompt you for authorizing access to InoLink in the QuickBooks Company file. Select ‘Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running’ and choose the QuickBooks user under which the InoLink is allowed too connect with QuickBooks to read/write data. Click on ‘Continue’ to allow access to QuickBooks company file when it is closed, as shown in the screenshot below;
E. Now click on the ‘Yes’ button on the ‘Confirm to Proceed’ window as shown in the screenshot below;
F. Then click on the ‘Done’ button on the ‘Access Confirmation’ window as shown in the screenshot below;
G. After confirming the access, you can switch back to ‘Multi User Mode’ and allow other users to login and use QuickBooks.
8. After the authorization process is completed, Dynamics 365/CRM and QuickBooks Desktop are connected successfully using InoLink.
Now that you have successfully connected Dynamics 365 and QuickBooks using InoLink, the next step is to register and activate InoLink.