We have just seen how to configure Connectors in our last blog. These connectors should have an Entity Configuration record created against it, to start using it on the entity of choice. Entity Configuration is must, without which you won’t be able to use Attach2Dynamics.
The steps for Entity Configuration are mentioned below:
For Entity Configuration Entity go to Attach2Dynamics –> Entity Configuration.
Entity Configurations can be created from the Connector form too.
Click on Entity Configurations tab on Connector and Entity Configuration window will open.
- Connector: Select the Connector (SharePoint, Dropbox or Azure Blob Storage) for which you want to configure the Entity.
- Entity Name: Mention the Entity which you are configuring.
- Folder Path Schema: This field is visible for Dropbox and Azure Blob Storage. In this select the field in which the folder path schema will be stored. This can be any field attribute of the Entity selected.
Data already present in the selected field(name) gets overridden.
- Folder Path: This field is visible for Dropbox and Azure Blob Storage. This is auto-populated depending upon the Entity selected.
- Attachment Action: You can either Copy or Move the attachment to cloud storage.
a. Copy: If you Select Copy, the attachment will be also be copied to SharePoint, Dropbox or Azure Blob Storage and its cloud storage path will be copied in Dynamics CRM next to attachment’s location.
b. Move: If you Select Move, the attachment will be moved/migrated to Cloud Storage and its cloud storage path will be left behind in Dynamics CRM next to attachment’s location.
Attachment Actions can be enabled only for one entity with one Connector.
3. Override files: If checked, it means while trying to upload a file with the same name will be overridden. If unchecked, then a new file with a number appended is created and uploaded in the Connector.
- Connector, Entity Configuration, and Error log records are editable only if the user has System Administrator or Attach2Dynamics Administrator role.
- Attach2Dynamics User can only read the Connector, Entity Configuration and Error Log records.
- To configure an Entity with a SharePoint Connector we need to enable SharePoint for the Entity.
This was how we can configure Entity Configuration for respective Connectors. After Entity Configuration you can start accessing the features of Attach2Dynamics.
If you have not already downloaded a FREE trial of Attach2Dynamics, click here!
In case you have any query or suggestion feel free to chime in at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy your document management!
Go back to Attach2Dynamics InfoCentre homepage.