In previous blogs, we covered how to create alerts and announcements within Dynamics 365 CRM. As messages are common for both alerts and announcements, here we will be focusing on creating messages.
Every Alert can have multiple messages attached to it. As soon you are done creating an Alert, you can add messages to it. For instance, if you create an alert Holiday, you can add multiple messages under it. For e.g. Holiday on 30th June, Holiday on 20th July, etc.
Note: Message cannot exist independently without an Alert.
1) Click on Add New Message and a new message page will open.
Enter the value in fields:
- Name: This is the name of the message you are trying to create.
- Alert: This is the Alert for which you are creating the message.
- Message Text: Enter the message you would like to display in the notification or send to the users as email.
- Alert Level: This can be categorized as Information, Warning and Critical. This determines the severity level of the Alert you are trying to create.
- Alert As: This is the mode of notifying your users. It can be done as:
- Pop-Up: The notification with message will pop-up as soon you open a record.
- Form Notification: The notification with message will be displayed under the ribbon in Form.
- Email Notification: The message will be sent to the users through email.
- Process Start Date: Process Start Date is a mandatory field. It is the date from when the notifications start getting created. This date cannot be prior to the date when the message is created. If you enter a previous date you will get the error message – Process Start Date should be greater than or equal to current date.
- Process End Date: This is the date when notifications stop getting created. If you leave this field blank the notifications will continue getting created indefinitely. Process end date cannot be before Process Start Date, in case such a value is entered following error comes – Process End Date should be greater than or equal to Process Start Date.
- Display End Date: This is the day when notifications stop getting displayed. This date should be greater than or equal to Process Start Date and Process End Date. If it is less than Process Start Date and Process End Date then following error message will be shown – Display End Date should be greater than or equal to Process Start Date and Process End Date.
- Language: Alert messages can be created in multiple languages.
Note: Languages need to be enabled for creating messages in multiple languages.
- Include Users: If you specify the set of users here, alerts will be shown to only these users.
- Exclude Users: If you specify the set of users here, alerts will be shown to every user in organization except for these users.
- Security Roles: If you select security roles here, alerts will be shown to these security roles.
- From: If Email Notification is also selected, then you need to define the user from whom the emails will be sent out.
- If Include Users/Exclude Users/Security Roles are left blank, then the notifications will be shown to everyone.
- Include Users/Exclude Users have priority over Security Roles.
2) After creating a message, Save it and click on Activate to make it live.
3) To edit a message click on Draft.
Note: You can set state as Draft or edit a message only before Process Start Date. You cannot set the state to Draft or edit that message after the process of creating notifications has started because it becomes Read Only.
In this way, you can create necessary messages for all alerts as per your requirement.
To know more, download and explore Alerts4Dynamics from our Website.
Also, send us your views and suggestions at email@example.com