Office 365 Groups is one of the interesting and useful feature introduced in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. It is a fine collaboration of CRM user and non-CRM user. Users can share emails, documents, files, etc. with their group members even if they do not have CRM access. This blog will discuss about the installation and configuration process of Office 365 Groups solution. It will also elaborate steps required for creation of this Office 365 group and addition of contacts to it.
To begin with Office 365 Groups in CRM Online, we will see how we can install and configure Office 365 Groups.
How to Install Office 365 Groups Solution?
To install the solution, follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Go to Office 365 site and click Admin –> CRM
Note: We need to configure the SharePoint site first for further configuration of Office 365 groups.
How to Configure Office 365 Groups?
Once installation is done successfully, you are ready to configure the Office 365 groups.
2. On Settings page of Office 365 Groups, click “Add entity”. This will enlist all the entities amongst which entity can be chosen. You can add other entities including custom entities with same steps to enable for Office 365 Groups.
3. Check Auto Create checkbox if you want to automatically create new group when new record of configured entity is created.
4. Once you have added the entities, which you want to enable for Office 365 group, click Publish All to publish all the customization.
Now, we will focus on creation of group and addition of contacts to this group.
How to Create or Join Groups?
1. Go to the record that you want to create a group e.g. Sales –> Accounts
2. Choose account.
4. You can see the Welcome page for Office 365 Groups. So there will be two options, first, you can create your new group or you can join with existing group. Select your option and click on “Create” button to create your group.
5. After creating your group, your Office 365 Groups page looks like below screenshot but with empty data.
How to add Contacts in Group?
Now we will see how to add Members in our group.
1. Sign in to your Office 365 account.
In this way, you can add Contacts in your groups and start conversation with them using Office 365 Groups feature. Office 365 Groups acts as a shared workspace for documents, conversations, emails, meeting notes, etc. collaborating CRM Online and non-CRM users.
Have you tried new Maplytics(Dynamics CRM + Maps)? Download your free trial today!