This is a two part blog post illustrating the functionality of integrating SharePoint online with CRM online. The first part of the blog focuses on creating CRM and SharePoint online accounts having common Office 365 user account. Then the second part of the blog talks about integrating the two systems and uploading files from CRM to SharePoint site.
Note: While creating an Account please keep a note of created Login User ID and Password.
2) After creation of Account, just refresh the page after few minutes and you can see “CRM” hyperlink in the top right corner. It will redirect you to the Settings of CRM Online. Please make a Note of Office 365 homepage Link for further use
3) After Clicking on the CRM Link It will ask you to confirm your settings. Here you can modify your CRM instance URL and Default Currency or you can ignore this process and come to the last point of settings where you can “Launch CRM Online” homepage.
1) Visit http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/jj819267.aspx to create SharePoint Online Account and Click on the “Office 365 Enterprise E3”. This plan will allow you to associate SharePoint online site with same user Id of CRM online
2) After clicking on the “Office 365 Enterprise E3”, it will redirect you to the SharePoint Online Page. Please click on “Try now” button to proceed.
3) After clicking on the “Try Now” button, click on “an Existing Account” Link at the top.
4) Now it will ask you to type in the existing office 365 Account ID and Password. Please enter the User ID and Password and then Sign in
5) Now it will ask you to confirm your order. Please click on the “Try now” to Proceed Further
6) In the Next process Click on the “Continue” Button to proceed
7) Now it will redirect you to the Homepage of Office 365 Account. You will see SharePoint is configuring for your Account
8) Now refresh the page after installation and Click on “Admin” Link on the top right and Select “SharePoint”
9) It will give following Error Msg. This means logged in user has no rights to access SharePoint site, hence SharePoint site is not created for that user
10) Our Next step is to assign rights to that user for accessing SharePoint. Please Go to the Homepage of Office365 and then follow below steps:
a) Click Users and Groups
b) Select an User
c) Click on Edit Button
11) Click on following options and Click on “Save” Button
12) Now click on SharePoint to redirect to the SharePoint site
13) This is the default site for the user to access SharePoint. Now this particular user can access SharePoint Site and CRM Online with just one common Office 365 Account
Note: To create another user for SharePoint, you can create it from users and Group section under Office 365 Homepage and assign CRM Online and SharePoint Online rights as per your needs
Follow the next part of this blog here for Integrating these two systems.